Thursday, January 29, 2009

San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival

My family and I had the privilege of being a part of the 2009 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival a few weeks ago. The days were filled with watching many films, listening to lectures, and seeing awards won. Out of all the films I watched, some of my favorites were The Secrets Of Jonathan Sperry, The Widow's Might, Binding Faith, and Fireproof. I loved watching these well-made films that were Biblical in content without being " too cheesy", as my sister puts it :).
It was interesting to hear the comments after a film ended; some were wondering what courtship was or why Biblical Manhood matters so much or why does it matter what films we watch. My favorite workshop was by Mr. Geoff Botkin on "How To Analyze A Hollywood Film". I would tell you about that right now but it would probably take up a whole other post to do justice to it. And so I will write about it later :).

The Festival was probably my highlight of the year. Yes, I enjoyed it that much! It was a wonderful time to be encouraged by Christian filmmakers, learn from and with them, and commend them. Even better was knowing that these films are making an impact on people. Not just Christians recognized the Festival this year but it was told about and read about all across the nation. Two of the films entered in the Festival, Fireproof and The Secrets Of Jonathan Sperry, are either just out of theaters and now on DVD or going to be in theaters soon.

I cannot even begin to tell you about the exciting opportunity and wonderful time it was at the Festival; it was just that great! Which means, you will have to attend next time. My family and I are planning to go to the Academy and Festival next time and I hope to see you there!


In Christ,
Micaela

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin