Thursday, January 29, 2009

"How sweet and aweful is the place..."

"With Christ within the doors, while everlasting love displays the choicest of her stores!"
Well, as it happens we are not sure when my Tita will be coming to Austin, so my family will be coming to pick me up the weekend.
In the past two weeks it has been so easy for me to slip right into the routine and schedule of the Apodaca's; I suppose this means I am very flexible and formidable but I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing...and I'm not about to get started on that "cookie trail".
I was thinking today of the different little things that I have added to my thought pattern and vocabulary:
~I now think in terms of breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and most importantly nap time.
~No longer do I "go to the bathroom" but now I "go potty", and privacy is a privilege.
~My nose can sniff a diaper change from the other side of the room.
~I can prepare and bottle in under thirty seconds with Joshua explaining how he feels overworked and under appreciated.
~When I hear, "Elena come here" that means now and might as well bring a rod and a rag for good measure.
~My apron has become part of my daily attire.
It's comical but hey, it's a living :) And I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin