Monday, January 31, 2011

Change

{Abby and Mia after a wet afternoon of swimming}

At all times we should commit our all to Jesus' faithful hand;
then, though life may hang on a thread, and adversities may multiply as the sands of the sea, our soul shall dwell at ease, and delight itself in the quiet resting places.

"Into Thine hand I commit my spirit; Thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of Truth"
~Psalm 31:5

~Charles H. Spurgeon
Morning and Evening, page 481

This wonderful and encouraging quote by Charles Spurgeon has reminded me of a recent "light-bulb" experience in my walk with the Lord.
Very simply put, I prayed for God to change my heart about a situation, and He did.
It was a circumstance in which I knew the right response but I hesitated, and I knew that it was an important and deciding point. On the one hand, I could be very miserable and selfish or I could release, love, and move on in life, but I knew I couldn't do it on my own strength.
There was no way I could truly "stay strong and carry on" by myself,
I know because I've tried it before.
But this was a vivid time when I can clearly see His hand in changing my heart and renewing my mind. My old self would have held onto hurt feelings and let them quietly grow,
but praise the Lord I'm not myself anymore :)

So we do not lose heart.
Though our outer self is wasting away,
our inner self is being renewed day by day.
{2 Corinthians 4:16-18}

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Praise the Lord!

Rebecca

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin