Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts on marriage...

Recently I borrowed a book from a dear friend called Daughters of Destiny by Noelle Wheeler Goforth. It is such an encouragement to me as I read of godly examples of young women and short stories of faithful persevering wives. It has encouraged me to strive for those sort of attributes: patience, perseverance, hope, faithfulness, and cheerfulness.
I was also reminded that these women did not aquire these qualities overnight but they were woven into her character by God and over a period of time. So it's not completely hopeless to pray for these now; I know I still have lots of things to learn before I am "ready" and time in which to learn. I am so thankful that it is the Lord that works in us in His own perfect timing and His ways. Which, when you think about it, is the reason why we can still have hope and not become bitter when "bad" things happen to us (See James 1).
There is some more things I would like to say about this book but dinner needs to be fixed so I am off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin