Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Valley Song


"The Valley song" really covers, essentially, what this song is about. There are times when we go through the valley but,

"I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy"

I've always like the name "Jars of Clay", as it is based off of the verse in 2 Corinthians 4:7, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to know that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." Actually, just read the entire chapter, it's good. :)


You have led me to the sadness
I have carried this pain
On a back bruised, nearly broken
I'm crying out to You

[Chorus]
I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy

When death like a gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek your face

But I fear you aren't listening
Because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures

[Chorus] 2x

Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

While we wait for rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut

And though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down

[Chorus]

-Jars of Clay (2003)

The tune to this is, like a lot of Jars of Clay's music, different. 

Allow me to make note about these composers/artists that I have been linking to:

"...just because we link to them does not mean that we endorse everything on the site.
The final authority is the holy and applicable, word of God..."

Likewise, I like a lot of Jars of Clay's music, but I don't necessarily agree with everything they write and believe.
                  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin