Monday, May 17, 2010

Think on These....

Finally, Brothers,
whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is just,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is commendable,
if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things.
I hope this encourages you as much as it has me this week.
Since I've been studying for some recent exams, I've come across so many dreadful, pointless plays, novels, and poems! Usually, when I'm reading fiction, I'm pretty picky about what I choose. Good thing too, with all of the Allen Ginsbergs and Alice Walkers on the shelves.
At the end of the day the passage above has been very helpful for me, to focus on what it is that I ought to be thinking.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Dear Dad and Mom,
I think by now your evening is just beginning; I hope you have time to stroll about the cobblestoned streets before you have your dinner.
We miss you here is the U.S.
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Elena

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

And I miss all of you! Lord willing, may you pass your exam today, my friend. (I'm thinking about you...)

Oh, and by the way, tell Mica to check her email. :)

Micaela Marques said...

Miss you too, Ash-a-lee :)!

I checked my email but I didn't get anything...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin