Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When life gives you lemons...


Just add maple syrup and cayenne pepper!

Today is the second day, for my mom and I, to brave through what is most commonly known as the Lemonade Diet. Basically, you drink a lemonade concoction (consisting of fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup) six-twelve times a day for ten days. The purpose in doing this is to cleanse the body of all toxins, stabilize weight, and other things . The reason we're doing it is for the cleansing aspect. As a result of that, my mom and I both had headaches the first day (yesterday) from not having the usual caffeine in the morning and our tongues have developed a white coating. According to the book, this is completely normal. I plan to write more later on this week about the benefits of this cleanse and how it is going for us. For now, all I can say is that I haven't been hungry, I dislike cayenne pepper, and I feel a little more energetic.
In Christ,
Micaela

6 comments:

SarahJayne said...

That's so funny! My friend and I were just talking about this cleansing just today...I'm very interested to see how it goes! As for the white tongue-coating - yuck! :p I have to scrape my tongue every morning to get those toxins off...but it does make one's breath smell better. :p

Anna Mc. said...

You will have to tell me how it works! I hope that it will only get better from here:)
Your sister in Christ,
Anna

Abigail said...

hey elena!

the book is very good and gave me a great personal challenge; however, it is pretty violent and graphic at some times. so, just a heads up there!

i hope you've been having a marvelous week!

love to all of you sisters,

abby

Abigail said...

wow, what a challenge! though i'm sure the cleanse will be worth it. ;-)

this upcoming week i'll begin tutoring a little girl in reading, and then serving as a school monitor for our upper learning class. i'm so excited about a new girls course that i'll be overseeing in a few weeks! i've been doing some planning for that recently. we'll be going over hygiene, health, and beauty as well as character and deepening one's walk with Christ. it should be an awesome time!

what have you girls been up to besides this cleanse endeavor?
lots of love,

abby

Abigail said...

thanks! Guam is a neat little island full of friendly people. my family has enjoyed living and working with the kids here.

an etsy shop- how exciting! do you have any ideas of what you want to sell yet?

that's neat about the double string quartet. i'm sure all of you enjoy the music and fellowship very much.

it is the Christian Charm Course. a newer version has just come out and it looks really good!


i hope the knitting goes well!

-abby

Micaela Marques said...

Thank you, Sarah Jayne, Anna, and Abby for commenting!

Sarah- the white coating on my tongue was so gross! Thankfully, it's all gone now and I get to have vegetable broth tonight :-).

Anna- I'll just be glad when I can eat real food again...

Abby- the cleanse sure was worth it! I feel better and quite "detoxed".

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin