Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gluten-free Buttermilk Pancakes


My newest adventure has been gluten-free eating. I started it at the end of January this year and have been eating that way ever since. I will explain more in a later post about why I began eating this way.
One of my favorite breakfasts is buttermilk pancakes. I found a basic gluten-free recipe and tweaked it to this. My family was quite surprised to hear that their pancakes have been gluten-free! Most of them could not tell the difference. These are so yummy! I hope you like them too.

· 1 cup rice flour (white or brown)

· ½ cup almond flour

· 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder

· 1/3 cup corn starch or arrowroot

· 3 tbs sweetener

· 1 1/2 tsp baking powder

· 1/2 tsp baking soda

· 1/2 tsp salt

· 1/2 tsp flaxseed meal

· 2 eggs

· 3 tablespoons butter or oil

· 2 cups buttermilk

In a bowl, mix or sift together the rice flour, almond flour, arrowroot, corn starch, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flaxseed meal. Stir in eggs, milk, and butter until well blended and few lumps remain.

Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve immediately with condiments of your choice.


Enjoy!

In Christ,
~Micaela

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin